Sharing photos and Qumagie

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
cdzo72
Starting out

Sharing photos and Qumagie

Post by cdzo72 »

Hello to all. Ok, I'm having several issues...
My setup is a TS-473, admin account is disables, I have another admin account under one user name and a simple user account under another name. I thought I had all permissions and stuff done but not having any luck...

I am NOT using the Multimedia folder, Public folder or Recordings folder. I have my pictures uploading to my NAS via other software because I don't like the fact that Qsync creates folders, I want to keep all files and folders in each user's homes folder.

Ok, the user account let's say is UUUU, so I have my pictures off my PC in the homes/UUUU/Pictures folder and in Qumagie I am able to see those pictures.

Problem 1: Each time I open Qumagie, NONE of the people I saved in the previous session are there, the folders/albums that I identified with faces are completely gone.

Prbolem 2: The admin account is unable to see the pictures in Qumagie. I have the account as allowed to see the pics in Qumagie settings but that has not provided results. Now, I don't NEED THIS account to see the pictures BUT before I add other computers to the NAS, I gotta figure how to get things shared properly, so sharing with the account admin is just a step.

Problem 3: In Photo Station I am unable to see ANY pictures in the gallery, under ANY user... I have the folders selected as content in Photo Station and Multimedia console but that hasn't done anything as far as seeing the pictures in the Photo Station gallery.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Sharing photos and Qumagie

Post by dolbyman »

Rule No.1 always ignore what QNAP says , reenable the "admin" account and try whatever you wanted to try again on that account
cdzo72
Starting out

Re: Sharing photos and Qumagie

Post by cdzo72 »

dolbyman wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:49 am Rule No.1 always ignore what QNAP says , reenable the "admin" account and try whatever you wanted to try again on that account
Ok, "admin" account enabled, admin has shared access to all folders in the UUUU user account... in Photo Station there is nothing to see BUT the content section does have the folder visible in the Manage tab of Photo Station. Even if I'm in the UUUU user account and open Photo Station there are no pics BUT if I go to the Manag tab and include the correct folders, there is still nothing to see in the Gallery section of Photo station...

Also, with admin account enabled, neither admin users see anything in Qumagie, although both admin accounts have shared access to UUUU's complete folder structure

There has got to be a menu or setting somewhere that I am missing...

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”