iscsi freezes often

iSCSI related applications
manfredell
Know my way around

iscsi freezes often

Post by manfredell »

I use a REadyNAS Pro at the office. I connect my Mac with AttoISCSI t the iscsi drives. This works without problems, with heavy data copy.

I now gt a 809Pro at home and have serious problems with the isci.
During file copy often mu Mac freezes or the copying stalls. When I check activity on the 809 I see the CPU at 100%. SSL into it and I see both processes istd1 and istd3 at 100%. Telling the 809 to reboot takes ages, only solution is the power switch.

ISCSI on the 809 is unusable!!!!
TVS-h1288X, TBS-464, TVS-1282T3, TVS-872XT
QNAPFrances

Re: iscsi freezes often

Post by QNAPFrances »

manfredell wrote: I now gt a 809Pro at home and have serious problems with the isci.
During file copy often mu Mac freezes or the copying stalls. When I check activity on the 809 I see the CPU at 100%. SSL into it and I see both processes istd1 and istd3 at 100%.
Hi manfredell,

May I know how many targets did you copy to at the same time?
Except copying files, did you launch other services? Could you pls use "top" command to screenshot the status for us?

BR,
Frances
manfredell
Know my way around

Post by manfredell »

QNAPFrances wrote: Hi manfredell,

May I know how many targets did you copy to at the same time?
Except copying files, did you launch other services? Could you pls use "top" command to screenshot the status for us?

BR,
Frances

Hi Frances

I have been copying to 2 targets or to only one. This night my Macbook Pro froze comletely while doing a Time MAchine bacjup to one of the targets!!! It NEVER froze before!!

I have since deleted the 2 targets and stopped using iscsi.
Other services running where, afp, cifs, nfs, itunes, multimedia, download
QNAPFrances

Post by QNAPFrances »

Hi manfredell,

About iSCSI function, we'll improve it's ability in the coming beta firmware 3.1.2.(Might be released within two weeks.) Could you pls try again then?

BR,
Frances
manfredell
Know my way around

Post by manfredell »

QNAPFrances wrote:Hi manfredell,

About iSCSI function, we'll improve it's ability in the coming beta firmware 3.1.2.(Might be released within two weeks.) Could you pls try again then?

BR,
Frances

Certainly will do. As it is I have reset the unit to factory default and put all my data back on the flawless REadyNAS.
I hope the new firmware fixes things: iscsi, stalling of usb backups, unit not rebooting etc
Nothing has been working so far.

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”