Why is MyQNAPCloud app renewing my certificate every day ?

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
ALoubert
New here

Why is MyQNAPCloud app renewing my certificate every day ?

Post by ALoubert »

Hi,

The issue is in the subject...

The app has been upgraded from v2.4.51 to v2.4.52 on February, 28th.
My NAS (TS-253Pro) has the latest possible firmware (v5.1.5.2679).

Beginning on March, 9th, I discovered the app is renewing the certificate (Let's Encrypt based) every day at ~8:15AM. I found that because one day out of 4-5, the renew fails, and therefore, fires a warning into the log.
The new certificate is each time valid for 3 monthes (that's what's awaited), as the SSL Certificate page of the app states it. So, there should be no reason to renew it.

Connections are OK using the certificate, the app also works correctly, but I think there's an issue somewhere about this behaviour.

Has someone seen the same on its config ?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Why is MyQNAPCloud app renewing my certificate every day ?

Post by dolbyman »

Exposing your NAS is very dangerous no matter if with or without transport encryption.

Open a ticket with QNAP for any app related questions.
John_R
First post

Post by John_R »

Dear Aloubert,

I recently started having a similar problem and contacted QNAP Support about it. They refer to this instruction from Let's Encrypt => https://letsencrypt.org/docs/allow-port-80/ advising to route HTTP traffic over port 80 and HTTPs traffic over port 443 (the default setting of QTS). When I apply this, the certificate is renewed (I also see it in myQNAPcloud), but I get the following message from Control Panel: "Provide the following information and make sure port 80 and port 443 is open for Internet access." However, these gates are open!

I have been using QTS since 2017 and have not experienced such a problem before. My suspicion is that the problem has arisen since the last update of myQNAPcloud. I also reported this back to QNAP support.
wombatt
New here

Post by wombatt »

Seeing the same thing, but only on one of my QNAPs.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”