QVP-85B stuck on login screen...loading

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
andthereitis
Starting out

QVP-85B stuck on login screen...loading

Post by andthereitis »

Well I have had this NAS for only a couple of months, until today everything seemed to be fine except for the fact I could not connect it to my UPS and have it auto shut down after a set time frame incase a power failure (sent a trouble ticket and QNAP said this was a problem and would needed to be fixed via a firmware update).

I have a few other NAS devices and was updating firmware and apps inside the NAS units. I was able to login to the other QNAP NAS units and everything worked fine from a computer on my network but not this one. I then opened up Qfinder Pro, tried to access the QVP-85B NAS this way. It opened up the same browser and again stuck on the loading screen for an hour before closed it (got busy doing other things).

I proceeded to try and verify the firmware so in the Qfinder Pro software under setting column there is a firmware option for this device and when I scrolled over it, it said my firmware was out of date. So I hit the download icon and then a popup box appeared but then said my firmware was up to date. I then I went to QNAP's site and saw where the newest version of firmware is 2.5.0 and I was running 2.3.0. So I downloaded the img file and extracted it. I then did a restart of the NAS from the Qfinder Pro before I updated the firmware. I now have updated the firmware manually to 2.5.0 and then restarted the NAS again after I let it sit with the firmware update showing 100% completed for around 20 minutes (wasn't sure if it rebooted on its own or not). I am still stuck at the same problem, my Qfinder Pro does show the 2.5.0 firmware but has some diamonds with a question mark in the center vs before it was just a bunch of periods behind the firmware version ( example 2.3.0.008"........") . As a note, 50% of the time after this firmware update it will tell me my user/password is wrong when using the Qfinder Pro app to login and do a restart or other options. I do not have a problem when using a web browser for my username/password.

I do have the QVR Pro client app on my phone and I can see live video from my cameras. It seems the NAS is working but I cannot login to it, any ideas? Hopefully this is the right location for this thread.
NoName
Know my way around

Re: QVP-85B stuck on login screen...loading

Post by NoName »

If I read it correct, the QFinder Pro app isn't able to connect, while a web or ssh connect is working?
andthereitis
Starting out

Post by andthereitis »

Summary:

Qfinder Pro: I can see the device on my network, I see the IP address and other things like the current firmware. I had a 100% failure rate to log into the QVP using Qfinder Pro. I had to update this software, I guess with the new firmware version on the NAS it and had issues. Now that I updated the Qfinder Pro version, so far I have been able to login using Qfinder Pro to restart, update the firmware and other actions that ask me for a username/password. Also the firmware version no longer has the diamonds with the question marks in the middle for the end of the firmware version for the QVP NAS. If I hit the login option it takes me to the web login and I am stuck in the same loop as below.

Web app: I type the IP address and get the web logon, I then type my username/password and then gets to the "Loading" screen and no further (original problem). If I type the wrong username/password it will give me a login failure. Not sure why it is stuck at the loading screen.

SSH: I have logged in once with this before I did the firmware update (both Qfinder Pro and the NAS itself) and it seemed to work but not in my current comfort zone to mess with it this way. I might have only selected that SSH login be allowed in Qfinder Pro and not actually logged in this way. Not sure at this point it matters unless I suddenly find the exact commands that will force it pass the login screen. I can restart from Qfinder Pro so at this point I wouldn't know where to go. Restarts have not cured the problem.

At this point I might have to grab a keyboard and a monitor and see what I can see by plugging directly into the back of it. Normally I would have a spare monitor but currently I don't...... :S
NoName
Know my way around

Post by NoName »

Question marks or diamonds within a string are typically a hint of wrong character encoding, one side uses utf-8, the other ASCII or a latin character set.

Is it possible to try the SSH login, just to check if that's working? If it is working it depends on you if you like to try to analyse the system via shell. But the main point is, if SSH login works, it will be the web interface that is the issue and most likely not the NAS itself. Ie. did you enable MFA and your NAS has not internet connection? Or MFA with a wrong setted clock?
andthereitis
Starting out

Post by andthereitis »

The diamonds with the question marks got fixed on the Qfinder Pro update.....quoted some of the rest of your post:

"Is it possible to try the SSH login, just to check if that's working? If it is working it depends on you if you like to try to analyse the system via shell. But the main point is, if SSH login works, it will be the web interface that is the issue and most likely not the NAS itself. Ie. did you enable MFA and your NAS has not internet connection? Or MFA with a wrong setted clock?"

I have an SSH program that I have used to access stuff like my piehole and octoprint but other than being lead step by step not my strong suit. Looked like it worked before to login but unless I am "handfed" in what to do after that, doubtful I will give you any viable information.

I think the NAS is fine. I can login to the QRV Pro client app on my phone and any PC in the house and see live video. I am not sure how to "unscrew" the web login?. I would love to be able to update stuff besides the firmware version or reboot it from Qfinder Pro. Since I can't see the "webpage" I cant see the health of the drives or other pertinent information.
NoName
Know my way around

Post by NoName »

Can you try to login via shell to your NAS (if I remember correctly it isn't activated by default, so it may fail also)? It should be simply using IP and admin username (ssh admin@<yourip), if the SSH is active, it will prompt for a password. After successful login it should show you '[username@systemname ~] $' Systename should be your NAS name, not something else (in that case you have another VM or container listening to the SSH port). If unsure try a 'ls -l /share' and it should have a cachedev dir listed.

Code: Select all

[admin@QNAP ~]$ ls -l /share/
total 4
drwxrwxrwx 63 admin administrators 4096 2024-05-14 19:22 CACHEDEV1_DATA/
If thats the case you are very likely on the shell of your NAS.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”