HBS 3 cannot load Remote NAS folder list

Discussion on remote replication.
toner75
Starting out

HBS 3 cannot load Remote NAS folder list

Post by toner75 »

I have a TS-873 as a RTRR server using HBS 3, and I have a TS-453B doing sync job to and from the TS-873. It has been working fine for a few years without issue. Yesterday, I tried to set up a new sync folder pair between the 2 NAS using HBS 3; however, the destination folder list on the TS-873 won't load, and an error windows pops up "Encountered system error". The strange thing is that the previous sync setups are still running fine without problem between the 2 NAS. I just cannot set up new folder pairs since I cannot load the destination folder list of the TS-873.

I then tried to set up on the TS-453B a new remote NAS (the same TS-873) under the "Create a storage space". When I enter the IP and port, it can successfully detect the TS-873. When I enter the RTRR password, the Speed Test works fine. BUT when I click "Create" button, it said "Unable to connect to this storage space...."

The 2 NAS are on the latest firmware, and all the apps including HBS 3 are updated to the newest version, but the same problem persist. Both NAS has been re-started, and the HBS 3 app has been re-started. I turned off the QuFirewall on both, but still the same.

The TS-453B is also doing syn jobs to another QNAP 2-bay NAS without this issue. Does anyone know what is causing this? Is this a problem on the TS-873 (a bug perhaps) :?: I am sure I didn't have this problem 2 months ago since I added folder pairs without issue at that time. Thank you in advance for your help!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: HBS 3 cannot load Remote NAS folder list

Post by dolbyman »

Always make sure to disclose firmware version is build as "latest" is bogus and can change daily and/or there can be parrallel 'latest' firmwares (not to mention betas)

Same goes for HBS version, there have been 3 version in the last week alone, two with crippling or even catastrophic bugs
toner75
Starting out

Post by toner75 »

Model: TS-453B
Current firmware version: QTS 5.1.7.2770
HBS 3 version 24.1.0523

Model: TS-873
Current firmware version: QTS 5.1.6.2722
HBS 3 version 24.1.0523
ThatQGuy
Starting out

Post by ThatQGuy »

QuTS hero h5.1.7.2770
HBS 3 version 24.1.0529

I am also getting "encountered system error" when trying to stop or modify an existing cloud sync job. Restarting HBS and restarting the NAS don't seem to fix the problem. Also oddly enough the job is still running but I don't want it to anymore. I can't stop it.

The "helpful" error message "encountered system error" is maddening!

Came here to see if anyone had a solution but it might be just a bug in a recent HBS update. I went ahead and filed a ticket.
TVS h-674, 32GB, i5 - QuTS Hero (latest)
Joshsays
New here

Post by Joshsays »

I'm getting this exact error as well, thanks for posting this issue @toner75 ! The two-way sync jobs have been running fine for years and then all of a sudden stopped working. I have also filed a support ticket with Qnap.

1st NAS Model: TVS-1282
HBS 3 version 24.1.0529

2nd NAS Model: TVS-1282
HBS 3 version 24.1.0529
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

Have any of you tried rolling back to a version that was working? That is usually the workaround.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
Joshsays
New here

Post by Joshsays »

Just a quick update that I met with Qnap support yesterday over TeamViewer. They saw the error firsthand, collected all the logs and screenshots from my devices, and sent my ticket to their escalation team. Fingers crossed we get an HBS3 update soon to fix this...
Joshsays
New here

Post by Joshsays »

Qnap support fixed this issue for me, no patch needed! It turns out an older version of Plex I'd installed had left behind an invalid shared folder named "PlexData." As soon as I deleted that folder on both NAS, in HBS3 the folder list on the remote NAS shows up again, and my sync jobs don't error out anymore. I never woulda guessed that was the fix, but grateful they found it, and it was so easy to fix.

dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

Strange solution indeed. Glad to hear they were helpful and got it working for you.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”