[SOLVED] Stuttering Audio BD streaming with WD TV Live

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
hln98
Getting the hang of things

[SOLVED] Stuttering Audio BD streaming with WD TV Live

Post by hln98 »

Hello,

Just got the TS-439 and love it. One huge problem I have:

When video streaming (Gigabit wired Ethernet) with large file that has DTS audio in it, I get stuttering audio that is unwatchable. The only way to cure it is to unplug my WD TV Live and plug it back in, then the movie is streamed with no problem whatsoever. If I pause or stop the movie and replay it, the bad stuttering comes back. If I choose another non-DTS audio movie file, it plays just fine. If I stop the non-DTS file and replay the DTS file, the bad stuttering is back. I tested these scenarios over and over for the last 3 days and tried all that I can think of. And yes, my router firmware is up to date.

I know it is NOT the fault of the network or WD TV Live because if I stream from windows 7 Windows Media Player UpNP (same network and same WD TV Live), it works perfectly.

It looks like this issue is a well known one and I have not seen a solution that works for anyone. Has anyone able to fix this? Also, I would like to get a response from QNAP, perhaps from Jason from QNAP.

This is a serious issue that I think QNAP should seriously look at. I know 3 of my buddies are getting ready to buy a QNAP with their existing WD TV Live. Stuttering is not going to play well for us Live user folks. I thank you in advance and awaiting your response.
Last edited by hln98 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Re: Stuttering Audio BD streaming with WD TV Live

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi hln98,
Does the DTS audio also stutter when you try to play the movie via Samba or NFS?

If it only happens via UPnP, then you may try the new beta firmware which has the new Twonky 5.1

Jason
hln98
Getting the hang of things

Re: Stuttering Audio BD streaming with WD TV Live SOLVED

Post by hln98 »

Hello,

I have solved my stuttering problem. I narrowed it down to the tool I used to massage the m2ts files. I used TsRemux version 22 and that was my problem. I changed to using "TSMuxerGui" to create my m2ts files with DTS audio and everything is working GREAT. Currently I have 36GB file streaming through and audio and video are both perfect. I also re-rip my other large BD files that had trouble and they are all perfect now.

So for those of you out there that have this stuttering problem, look at what software you used for these BD files.

In conclusion, QNAP and WD TV Live both rock in performance. I am so happy I got it working. Sorry I blamed QNAP for this. Oh well, what are you gonna do :roll:

I hope this helps some one out there.
QNAPJason
QNAP Staff

Re: [SOLVED] Stuttering Audio BD streaming with WD TV Live

Post by QNAPJason »

Hi hln98,
Thanks for the tip about the programs.
tacit
First post

Re: [SOLVED] Stuttering Audio BD streaming with WD TV Live

Post by tacit »

Hello,

I use WD TV LIVE for quite a while but I am new user of Qnap TS-219P. I guessed from the post that hln98 uses wired connection. I plan to connect NAS to dlink wireless router to have backup and streaming to all in the house. Does anyone has an experience with this kind of layout. Thanks.

Return to “Media Streaming”