[HELP] Acronis True Image questions

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
hookoo
Starting out

[HELP] Acronis True Image questions

Post by hookoo »

Does anybody know if it is possible to back up directly to Qnap network share with latest Acronis True Image? I've only managed to backup to Qnap trough FTP but it slices the back up file to 2GB files and is quite slow.

If I try directly to browse to a folder in my network share in Acronis True Image it doesn't show any folders that are in it. I mean when I'm creating a new back up task and try to define where to save it. At the same time in My Computer I can see and access the folders inside the network share with no problems.

And is it possible to back up folder from Qnap network share to my computers HDD? The computer is running the Acronis True Image but I was only thinking if above problem is doing also this impossible. There's some files that I would like to have backed up in two different machines.
Vap0r
Starting out

Re: [HELP] Acronis True Image questions

Post by Vap0r »

Hi Hookoo,
It may depend on your version of Acronis, I'm currently using True Image Home 2009 (two computers even). When I select the destination, I just chose ftp and navigate to the folder I want on qnap. It seems to work well for me, I've validated all the backups but I have never had to use one....yet. My experience is that FTP with acronis is much faster then a mapped drive and the splitting of files can be set in the options of acronis- you dont have to use the defaults, you can say split my archives at 40 GB :) There is also a step to enter credentials (towards the end) those are credentials for your local machine, not Qnap
Hope that helps!
fa4960
Getting the hang of things

Post by fa4960 »

Hi Hookoo,

I do PC backup with Acronis Home 2009 directly to a share on my TS-409 without any problems. It is recognised similar to any other share I have mapped in Vista. In other words I don't use FTP although you might get better performance with FTP as mentioned by Vap0r.
Best Regards
Frants

TS-409, Firmware 3.3.2, 4 x 1 TB WD10EACS in RAID 5
TS-509 PRO, Firmware 4.2.0 20151118, 5 x 1 TB WD RE2-GP in RAID 5
hookoo
Starting out

Post by hookoo »

Thanks for the answers. My version is Home 2009 and like I said it is working fine with FTP now but not directly to mapped share. Maybe it's best this way if the FTP is the fastest protocol anyway. Acronis documentation said that split size should be 2GB with FTP so maybe I'll leave that too.
Vap0r
Starting out

Post by Vap0r »

I had the same issues when using a mapped drive, Acronis told me to crank down on the network speed option and that helped but made for SLOW backups
:)

Return to “Backup & Restore”