Web Connectivity - Failed

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
User avatar
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 pm
Contact:

Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by Gryzor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:59 pm

Hello guys,

Still setting up my new 251 (4.2, 151023). In the Network Connectivity window Status is green, but Web Connectivity is red. I click on the Auto Router Configuration (not very clear it's a link, is it?) and it tells me, in green, UPnP router was found on the network. If I go to myqnapcloud.com I can connect fine, so...what gives? What is failing?

Thanks!
.:.
QNAP TS-251-4G / 4.3.2.0026

User avatar
pwilson
Guru
Posts: 22581
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada (UTC-08:00)

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by pwilson » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Gryzor wrote:Hello guys,

Still setting up my new 251 (4.2, 151023). In the Network Connectivity window Status is green, but Web Connectivity is red. I click on the Auto Router Configuration (not very clear it's a link, is it?) and it tells me, in green, UPnP router was found on the network. If I go to myqnapcloud.com I can connect fine, so...what gives? What is failing?


It sounds like your undisclosed Make/Model of Router doesn't support UPnP-IGD protocol properly.

Set up all your port-forwarding manually in your router as required. (I disable UPnP-IGD on my router deliberately, as I view it as a security hole the size of China).

Manually configuring port-forwarding is a PITA, but it is far safer to do so.

Please access your NAS via SSH, login as "admin" and run:

Code: Select all

upnpc-static -l | grep -v External


Please cut&paste the output of this command back to this message thread.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

User avatar
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by Gryzor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:36 pm

It's an Asus DSL-N66U. The output of the command is:

Code: Select all

upnpc : miniupnpc library test client. (c) 2006-2011 Thomas Bernard
Go to http://miniupnp.free.fr/ or http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/
for more information.
List of UPNP devices found on the network :
 desc: http://192.168.1.1:2869/rootDesc.xml
 st: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1

Found valid IGD : http://192.168.1.1:2869/ctl/IPConn
Local LAN ip address : 192.168.1.200
Connection Type : IP_Routed
Status : Connected, uptime=152541277s, LastConnectionError : ERROR_NONE
  Time started : Sat Jan  1 00:59:52 2011
MaxBitRateDown : 4200000 bps   MaxBitRateUp 4200000 bps
 0 TCP  8080->192.168.1.200:8080  'b92223d4566cf22cd07417ff5b3c8759-Web Admin' ''
 1 TCP   443->192.168.1.200:443   'b92223d4566cf22cd07417ff5b3c8759-Secure Web Admin' ''
 2 TCP    80->192.168.1.200:80    'b92223d4566cf22cd07417ff5b3c8759-Web Server/Multi' ''
 3 TCP  8081->192.168.1.200:8081  'b92223d4566cf22cd07417ff5b3c8759-Secure Web Serve' ''
 4 TCP 51413->192.168.1.200:51413 'Transmission at 51413' ''
 5 UDP 51413->192.168.1.200:51413 'Transmission at 51413' ''
 6 UDP 62494->192.168.1.10:62494 'Teredo' ''
GetGenericPortMappingEntry() returned 713 (SpecifiedArrayIndexInvalid)


I have no problem configuring the router manually, but I don't know which failing service to configure...
.:.
QNAP TS-251-4G / 4.3.2.0026

User avatar
pwilson
Guru
Posts: 22581
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada (UTC-08:00)

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by pwilson » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Gryzor wrote:It's an Asus DSL-N66U. The output of the command is:

Code: Select all

upnpc : miniupnpc library test client. (c) 2006-2011 Thomas Bernard
Go to http://miniupnp.free.fr/ or http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/
for more information.
List of UPNP devices found on the network :
 desc: http://192.168.1.1:2869/rootDesc.xml
 st: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1

Found valid IGD : http://192.168.1.1:2869/ctl/IPConn
Local LAN ip address : 192.168.1.200
Connection Type : IP_Routed
Status : Connected, uptime=152541277s, LastConnectionError : ERROR_NONE
  Time started : Sat Jan  1 00:59:52 2011
MaxBitRateDown : 4200000 bps   MaxBitRateUp 4200000 bps
 0 TCP  8080->192.168.1.200:8080  'b92223d4566cf22cd07417ff5b3c8759-Web Admin' ''
 1 TCP   443->192.168.1.200:443   'b92223d4566cf22cd07417ff5b3c8759-Secure Web Admin' ''
 2 TCP    80->192.168.1.200:80    'b92223d4566cf22cd07417ff5b3c8759-Web Server/Multi' ''
 3 TCP  8081->192.168.1.200:8081  'b92223d4566cf22cd07417ff5b3c8759-Secure Web Serve' ''
 4 TCP 51413->192.168.1.200:51413 'Transmission at 51413' ''
 5 UDP 51413->192.168.1.200:51413 'Transmission at 51413' ''
 6 UDP 62494->192.168.1.10:62494 'Teredo' ''
GetGenericPortMappingEntry() returned 713 (SpecifiedArrayIndexInvalid)


I have no problem configuring the router manually, but I don't know which failing service to configure...


It looks to be working despite the error message on the NAS Admin WebUI. Ignore the error.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

User avatar
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by Gryzor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:42 pm

That's what I thought, thanks!
.:.
QNAP TS-251-4G / 4.3.2.0026

rogeriomp
Starting out
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 am
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by rogeriomp » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:22 am

It seems to be a specific problem with the firmware... I had my qnapcloud (same storage, same router and same Internet service) runnning ok for years and now I am facing the same issue...
I've already had configured manually my router and I just tried to turn off UPnP... no results and then I turned it back on... Any ideas?

Here it is what I see in MyQNAPCloud overview:
Network Connectivity
Auto Router: Status: OK, Webconnectivity: NOK
CloudLink
Status: OK
DDNS
status OK
SSL Not installed

User avatar
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by Gryzor » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:41 pm

rogeriomp wrote:It seems to be a specific problem with the firmware... I had my qnapcloud (same storage, same router and same Internet service) runnning ok for years and now I am facing the same issue...
I've already had configured manually my router and I just tried to turn off UPnP... no results and then I turned it back on... Any ideas?

Here it is what I see in MyQNAPCloud overview:
Network Connectivity
Auto Router: Status: OK, Webconnectivity: NOK
CloudLink
Status: OK
DDNS
status OK
SSL Not installed


Yes, but are you actually experiencing any issues or was it just the indication?
.:.
QNAP TS-251-4G / 4.3.2.0026

User avatar
schumaku
Guru
Posts: 43673
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: Kloten (Zurich), Switzerland -- Skype: schumaku
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by schumaku » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:15 am

Move he mouse pointer over the [X] error indicator - check the text bubble FMI.

User avatar
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by Gryzor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:57 pm

schumaku wrote:Move he mouse pointer over the [X] error indicator - check the text bubble FMI.


Ah, that might just be it! For me it fails on ports 80, 8080 and 443. I can't forward 80 because that's the port my router listens at, but I'll try 443. 8080 is already being forwarded to my NAS though (both TCP and uDP).

[EDIT] Hmmm... I forwarded 443 and now it failed on 8081 as well (443 still fails), where it had a green check mark before (even though I wasn't forwarding 8081 on my router? Weird...). I'm at a loss on how to proceed. Can someone post the exact ports and protocols that need to be forwarded?

[EDIT2] In the Auto Router Configuration window, however, 80,8080,8081 and 443 are checked as OK. Hmmm (bis)
.:.
QNAP TS-251-4G / 4.3.2.0026

User avatar
schumaku
Guru
Posts: 43673
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: Kloten (Zurich), Switzerland -- Skype: schumaku
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by schumaku » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:05 am

If you know that 80 can't work .. change the router to use a different port, or remove 80 from the ARC.

User avatar
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by Gryzor » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:12 am

Well, I thought of that, but then again the NAS reports that 80 works. Somehow. Probably something I'm missing in terms of networking knowledge...
.:.
QNAP TS-251-4G / 4.3.2.0026

rogeriomp
Starting out
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 am
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by rogeriomp » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Yes, I'm experiencing the issues. I've moved the mouse over the error icon and all the marks are red. I'll bring back more details later today (I'm not at home).
Thx!

reffyone
First post
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:02 am

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by reffyone » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:07 am

i have the same issue, was working fine for 3 months, but after recent firmware update the cloudlink is not working anymore, and I am renting an apartment and don't have access to the router, so I guess I can't connect to cloudlink anymore....

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware to previous version??

User avatar
schumaku
Guru
Posts: 43673
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: Kloten (Zurich), Switzerland -- Skype: schumaku
Contact:

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by schumaku » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:05 am

reffyone wrote:i have the same issue, was working fine for 3 months, but after recent firmware update the cloudlink is not working anymore, ...
Is this on a TS-239 Pro+ as per the forum profile, or probably on a TS-x31 model? In case it is ... look here -> viewtopic.php?f=313&t=116444#p515440

Otherwise - double check the App Center .... CloudLink App requires to be 1.1.37 (or newer). Any potentially installed 1.1.17 is (most likely) no longer able to connect. After the CloudLink App (more a plug-in) update, allow CloudLink some minutes to connect. If there is no success - open the myQNAPcloud App on the NAS, head to CloudLink - Disable (Off) - and Enable (On) again. Allow some time ... if there is a "(i) Abnormal status ..." message, allow it some more time again.

agry73
New here
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:35 am

Re: Web Connectivity - Failed

Post by agry73 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:45 am

Hi, my Cloud Link status is ok, but I have the web connectivity reported as NOK.
Apparently the following ports can't be accessed:
HTTP: 8080, 80
HTTPS: 8081, 443

The end result is that if I launch the CloudConnect client from my laptop, it won't connect to the NAS. :(

What shall I do?

Just to be clear: I'm a total newbie, and this is my first NAS (TS453 PRO) :ashamed:

Thanks

Post Reply

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”