MDA_DATA, MD0_DATA and my CACHEDEV1_DATA folder

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
ericvb
Starting out

MDA_DATA, MD0_DATA and my CACHEDEV1_DATA folder

Post by ericvb » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:47 pm

In another topic on this forum, they talk about the difference for the first two types (viewtopic.php?t=37021)

If I go to the share folder via PuTTY, I see only HDA_DATA, HDB_DATA, ..., HDZ_DATA folders (all empty). I don't see a MD0_DATA folder, etc.
I own a TVS-EC880 NAS with 8 bays where 4 bays have 4TB disks.
Via the StorageManager I have one Storage Pool with one created Volume/LUN named 'Data'.
In the share folder I see, next to the HDA_DATA, etc folder also a CACHEDEV1_DATA folder. All my created shares are in this folder.

Can someone explain the meaning of the different folders?

The meaning of all this: I searched for the folder .qpgk to add automount shared folder via the autorun.sh way (http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Running_Your_ ... sed_method). In this article they are speaking, a little bit mixed?, about MDA_DATA and MD0_DATA folders. In these folders you should find the .qpgk folder, but I don't... So the why of the question above.
TVS-EC880, 4 x Seagate 4Tb ST4000VN000 in RAID 5 = ~ 10Tb

schumaku
Guru

Re: MDA_DATA, MD0_DATA and my CACHEDEV1_DATA folder

Post by schumaku » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:17 pm

HDA_DATA ... first single HDD storage volume of a legacy or "Home" feature class NAS.
MD0_DATA ... first RAID storage volume of a legacy or "Home" feature class NAS.
CACHDEV1_DATA .... first storage volume on a stroage pool on a current "SMB" feature class NAS.

That's all.

ericvb
Starting out

Re: MDA_DATA, MD0_DATA and my CACHEDEV1_DATA folder

Post by ericvb » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:09 pm

Okay, thanks for the quick reply.
They should update their articles to reflect these things (http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Running_Your_ ... sed_method).
TVS-EC880, 4 x Seagate 4Tb ST4000VN000 in RAID 5 = ~ 10Tb

Return to “Users' Corner”