Cloud Drive Sync log files?

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
JimSwe
New here
Model: TAS-168/TAS-268

Cloud Drive Sync log files?

Postby JimSwe » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:35 pm

I've set up a Cloud Drive Sync job with Dropbox using the Cloud Drive Sync app, which seems to be working fine. However, every time it finishes, I get a warning:
[CloudDriveSync] Sync job [<job name>] finished with errors. Please check your event log for more deatils. (it literally says "deatils").

The event log (Control Panel, System logs) and Cloud Drive log (Cloud Drive Sync -> Sync Job Management, View logs) just repeat the same message. On the status page of the Sync Job, it says "Error Count: 2". I'm not sure what it means with "check your event log". Am I missing some log?

Obviously, it's failing on the same 2 files every time. But how do I find out which 2 files, so I can do something about them?

JimSwe
New here
Model: TAS-168/TAS-268

Re: Cloud Drive Sync log files?

Postby JimSwe » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Well I never managed to find the log files, so I synced the Dropbox to my local PC, downloading about 170 GB. Then I ran WinDiff on the synced folder vs the contents on the NAS. This took a couple of hours, but indicated a couple of "right-only" files that were probably causing the sync to fail - one .png file with a really weird filename and something under a "__MACOSX" folder.

A proper logging feature would have saved a lot of time and bandwidth, though.

alphabravo9
First post
Model: TS-459 Pro

Postby alphabravo9 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:24 am

I'm having the same problem with my google cloud sync jobs. I always get messages like:
[CloudBackupSync] (sync) job [MyJobs] finished with errors. Please check your event log for more details.

Is there someone out there who knows where to find the extra details in the event log?

robertliu
First post
Model: TS-x53/x53S/453mini

Postby robertliu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:11 am

I found some logs existed on my NAS.
1. ssh/telnet to NAS
2. cd /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CloudDriveSync/data
3. find . -name "*log*"

I did not have enough time to analyze the logs and just did a quick look.
1. cd /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CloudDriveSync/data/500
2. grep _state sync/1/log/*| grep -v -e FINISHED -e PENDING

there are some files with ['_state': 'ERROR'].
In one of my cases, the error is caused by duplicated file names in a same directory.

Return to “Backup & Restore”