Vault Inventory Never Updates

justinporebski
First post

Vault Inventory Never Updates

Post by justinporebski » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:57 am

I have a vault with aprox. 500GB worth of data contained within it. In the Glacier Management Console, my vault is listed by Name, but the other 3 fields (Inventory Last Updated, Size, and # of Archives) are not showing any information. Inventory Last Updated shows as "Not updated yet. The initial upload completed on 12/29. Why is this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jkristinsson
New here

Re: Vault Inventory Never Updates

Post by jkristinsson » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:52 am

I have the same issue. My NAS says my backup jobs are completing successfully, but the AWS Glacier Service interface shows any records, and the AWS CLI (Command Line Interface) shows that "SizeInBytes" = 0 and "NumberOfArchives" = 0.

jkristinsson
New here

Post by jkristinsson » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 am

I think this could be a region issue.
I'm located in Michigan, so I was assigned the AWS region us-east-2, which Amazon labels "US East (Ohio)". The vaults I created using the AWS Glacier Console was in this region.
However, in the Glacier QNAP app there's only the "US East (N. Virginia)" option, which seems to match the region "us-east-1", which Amazon labels "US East (N. Virginia)".

If I use the AWS CLI and set the default region to "us-east-1", and then run the "awscli glacier list-vaults" command, I see all my vaults with archives and correct sizes. However, if I configure AWS CLI for "us-east-2", the vaults are still empty.

There is no option for "us-east-2" or "US East (Ohio)" in the Glacier app. I assume this is either a bug, or not-yet-implemented update that needs to happen...

AJumpp
Starting out

Post by AJumpp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:40 am

Thank you! This is exactly what happened to me. Even speaking to support they were a bit clueless as to why I couldn't see my backup usage and data yet. Funny thing is now, pricing for up to 4TB should work out to about $16 but they using 48GB so far is already $2!

Return to “Amazon Glacier”