[ QMariaDB ] [ 10.5.4 ] MariaDB Server (wth PhPMyadmin)

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
OneCD
Ask me anything

Re: [ QMariaDB ] [ 10.4.12 ] MariaDB Server (wth PhPMyadmin)

Post by OneCD » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
bl4d3 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:19 am
Hi there,
currently the website https://qnapclub.eu is down and I receive the HTML response status code 500.
Yes, this should be only temporary. The admin is working to restore the repo ASAP.
bl4d3 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:19 am
If there is no download alternative available, are there instructions to create my own ".qpkg"?
The funny thing about QPKGs is: if you know how to make them, you don't need to make them. :DD

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hoddl
First post

Post by Hoddl » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:32 am

i have QMARIADB installed on my qnap but how can i use this database?
How can I access it via phpmyadmin?

Please help me, I am an absolute beginner...

Thanks

QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ QMariaDB ] [ 10.5.4 ] MariaDB Server (wth PhPMyadmin)

Post by QNAP_Stephane » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:01 am

updated to 10.5.4 (x64 NAS)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
QnapClub AppCenter - https://www.qnapclub.eu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

bl4d3
Starting out

Post by bl4d3 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:28 am

Hoddl wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:32 am
i have QMARIADB installed on my qnap but how can i use this database?
How can I access it via phpmyadmin?
Take a look into the "AppCenter".

It depends:
  • If you downloaded the QMariaDB_10.5.4.0._*.qpkg from https://qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/525 and uploaded it into QNAP's AppCenter by using it's "Install Manually" feature. You will find the app "QMariaDB 10" here in the category "My Apps" in the official "QNAP Store".
  • Or you added the repository offered by Qnapclub by using your individual API key. Please follow the instructions here: https://qnapclub.eu/en/howto/1. You will find the app "QMariaDB 10" in self created app store.
In both cases just click on the MariaDB seal icon and a new tab will open with the address "https://<<your-station's-ip-address:8081/mariadb/".

bl4d3
Starting out

Re: [ QMariaDB ] [ 10.5.4 ] MariaDB Server (wth PhPMyadmin)

Post by bl4d3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:11 am

Hello to all purchasers of the "QMariaDB_10.4.12.0._*.qpkg" and newer,

after the installation of the QMariaDB you will run into several small issue and there is no manual for this QPKG and you might wait for a long time to get e-mail support from QNAPclub.eu. The so called "Maker" doing all of this in their spare time. So be aware of this, before you take your credit card out. I've spend days on several problems, which later turned out to be easy to fix within minutes. Hopefully this short manual is a good first aid for those who start from scratch.

Table of contents
1. Annotation
2. Prerequisite
3. User login and default password
4. How to change the root's password
5. Remove the "test" database
6. How to fix: "The secret passphrase in configuration (blowfish_secret) is too short."
7. How to fix: "The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated."
8. "latin1_swedish_ci" and co vs. "utf8mb4_unicode_ci"

1. Annotation
Please help to support the community by letting me know, if there is a mistake, how to explain in a better way and what is missing. Please don't hesitate and send a message.

2. Prerequisite
To work in a comfortable way, you must execute this step by step instruction.
  1. Login to your station.
  2. Open the app "File Station".
  3. Navigate to the network share "/Web/mariadb/".
  4. Right click on the folder "mariadb" and select "Properties" from the context menu.
  5. Switch to tab page "Permission".
  6. You can choose between 2 choices now.
    1. Add your personal user profile by clicking on the green plus button. It is the user, which you use to be able to access the station's network shares.
    2. If you know that your user profile is member of the local "administrators" group you must remove the default user profile "admin" by clicking on the red minus button, then click on the green plus button. In the dialog "Select users and groups" select "Local Groups" and check the entry "administrators" in the "RW" column. Click on the button "Add" now. Finally click on the button "Apply". Confirm the success dialog message by clicking on the "OK" button.

3. User login and default password
  • The default user name is "root" and the password is "qnap". Please change the password for security reasons.
  • To open phpMyAdmin open this address "https://<<station's_IP_address>>:8081/mariadb/index.php".

4. How to change the root's password
  1. After login to phpMyAdmin click in the center of the upper toolbar on the button "User accounts".
  2. In the "User accounts overview" table look for "root" in the column "User name". Click on "Edit privileges" in the "Action" column.
  3. Click on the upper button "Change password".
  4. Enter two times the identical password. For security reason a complex password is recommended.
  5. Click on the button "Go" on the lower far right to overtake your changes.

5. Remove the "test" database
Here the step by step instructions on how to remove the unnecessary database.
  1. After login to phpMyAdmin click.
  2. Click on the upper left toolbar button "Databases".
  3. In the table check the checkbox in the first column of database "test".
  4. Below the table click on the link "Drop".
  5. Click the button "OK" in the confirmation message.
  6. The database "test" is deleted.

6. How to fix: "The secret passphrase in configuration (blowfish_secret) is too short."
If you see this message, then follow these step by step instructions.
  1. Access your station's network share "/Web/mariadb".
  2. Open the "config.inc.php".
  3. Scroll to the line "$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '54c4db576cf003.60815636';"
  4. Change the value "54c4db576cf003.60815636" to a random string with alphanumeric and special characters, which is at least 32 characters long.
  5. Save the change.
  6. Re-open the phpMyAdmin page by opening "https://<<station's_IP_address>>:8081/mariadb/index.php".

7. How to fix: "The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated."
If you see this message, then follow these step by step instructions.
  1. After login to phpMyAdmin click inside the footer in that message on the link "Find out why".
  2. You'll see the line "Configuration of pmadb... not OK".
  3. In the footer below click inside the message "Create a database named 'phpmyadmin' and setup the phpMyAdmin configuration storage there." on the link "Create".
  4. After a few seconds the new database "phpmyadmin" is generated.
  5. You can navigate back to "Home" and the footer message has disappeared.

8. "latin1_swedish_ci" and co vs. "utf8mb4_unicode_ci"
There is a long development history behind MariaDB. If you create new databases it suggests you to use the default character set "latin1_swedish_ci". The development team behind MariaDB failed to implement proper support for UTF-8 for a long time. After several tries and years they come closer and closer to the UTF-8 standard. They finally did with the "utf8mb4_unicode_ci" character set. If your database need to handle characters which aren't latin and you want the best compatibility choose this.
What about "utf16_unicode_ci" and "utf32_unicode_ci"? First UTF-8 has advantages in cases where ASCII characters are used. Both UTF-8 and ASCII encode one character into 8 bits. The disadvantage of a database with UTF-16 or UTF-32 is clear, they both are space-inefficient. For Asian languages you might prefer one of them.
Comparison:
  • UTF-8: Takes 1 to 4 bytes, depending on the characters used.
  • UTF-16: Takes 2 to 4 bytes, depending on the characters used.
  • UTF-32: Takes 4 bytes in spite of the characters used.

Return to “Community Apps”