Share a folder of photo already in the NAS, but not of photostation??

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
fivesunnydays
Starting out

Share a folder of photo already in the NAS, but not of photostation??

Postby fivesunnydays » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:10 pm

I have multiple folders of photos stored on my NAS. They have NOT been imported into PhotoStation.

I would like to share only 1 of these folders with a family member remotely in another country. Is it possible to import the photos from that folder, without having to make a new copy of those photos in a new folder???

Don
Guru

Re: Share a folder of photo already in the NAS, but not of photostation??

Postby Don » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:09 am

I don’t use photostation but I think it is possible to limit what a user sees in photostation. Poke around PS and see what options are available.
Read the Online Manuals and use the forum search feature before posting.

It is a recommended to use RAID and have external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

Submit bugs and feature requests to QNAP via their Helpdesk app.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 4.3.4.0675 | 40GB | 2 x M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System) | 4 x M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 10 (Cache) | 5 x 4TB HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-663 | F/W: 4.3.4.0695 | 16GB | 2 x M.2 NMVe QM2-2P RAID 1 (Cache) | 4 x 4TB RAID 5
Apps: Boinc, Squid, DNSMasq, PLEX, CrashPlan, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS, Entware, DLstation, +others

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”