How to return Webserver to factory configuration

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
nickc
Getting the hang of things

How to return Webserver to factory configuration

Postby nickc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:58 pm

I installed a phpBB3 board on my HS-251+ following this guide: https://www.qnap.com/en-au/how-to/tutor ... -php-mysql

Something's gone wrong and I can no longer access the bulletin board - just get a blank white page in the browser. I've spent quite a lot of time troubleshooting but getting nowhere. Among other things I tried activating 'Virtual Host' and installing a second instance of phpBB3, but couldn't run the installer because I couldn't access the installation folder I'd put in the web share - same problem of a blank page in the browser. So one option is to do a completely fresh install of phpBB3, since I have a backup of the database. But I'm not sure how to uninstall and/or delete everything in/related to the webserver to get it back to its pristine state before I first installed phpBB3. I haven't installed anything else web related on the NAS, but have a lot of stuff in other shares/apps, so obviously don't want to factory reset the entire box.

Any advice on solving the white page problem would be welcome, though I have an active post on the phpBB3 forum concerning that; I'm posting here to get QNAP specific advice re resetting the webserver.
HS-251+ with 2 x 4gb WD "red" drives; TS-109 with Seagate 750Gb SATA, Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750Gb eSATA (Q-RAID 1), Seagate 750Gb USB disk 1.
SFR neufbox adsl modem/router; 3com Gigabit switch 5; PS 3; PCs & laptop all running Linux Ubuntu & windows XP; various Android devices; 2 x Raspberry Pi B+ running Volumio & Max2Play respectively.

Mousetick
Easy as a breeze

Re: How to return Webserver to factory configuration

Postby Mousetick » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Control Panel > Applications > Web Server
Restore Apache Default Configuration.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nickc
Getting the hang of things

Postby nickc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Thanks - I just wanted to be sure that really is all that needs to be done, given that we're dealing with several components here: the web folder, apache (?), phpMyadmin, Msql/Maria db ...
HS-251+ with 2 x 4gb WD "red" drives; TS-109 with Seagate 750Gb SATA, Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750Gb eSATA (Q-RAID 1), Seagate 750Gb USB disk 1.
SFR neufbox adsl modem/router; 3com Gigabit switch 5; PS 3; PCs & laptop all running Linux Ubuntu & windows XP; various Android devices; 2 x Raspberry Pi B+ running Volumio & Max2Play respectively.

Mousetick
Easy as a breeze

Postby Mousetick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 am

This only resets Apache's configuration to factory defaults. Everything else you may have changed or installed/added, is left untouched. There is a separate option to reset the MariaDB SQL server, look in Control Panel, under SQL Server, you'll find it. Web folder(s), PHP and other stuff, you'll have to clean up yourself.

If you want to embark on DIY projects like this and are concerned that you may damage something on the NAS, I'd recommend you experiment with plain Linux on your PC (or in a VM) first, so you can fiddle, tinker and break things at your leisure. And when you're satisfied with the results and comfortable with the procedure to get them, you can re-do it on the NAS.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”