Auto start and docker restart policies

somy1982
Easy as a breeze

Auto start and docker restart policies

Post by somy1982 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi,
Noticed one of my container crashed during the night, and it was not restarted automatically despite that "auto start" is enabled in Container Station.
So question: what does "Auto Start" do then? Is there anyway from CS UI to specify restart policy such as "--restart always"?
Thank you in advance!

P3R
Guru

Re: Auto start and docker restart policies

Post by P3R » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:56 am

I've never used Container Station but in Virtualization Station it means that the VM in question should be started automatically when Virtualization Station start (normally after a NAS reboot). I'm guessing it means the same in Container Station.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

zefal
Starting out

Post by zefal » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:23 pm

Similar query here.... I create my containers via docker run command with --restart always, however it's ignores it. Container station reports container as not configured for auto start once created.
I really want to know the docker flag that container station uses to set a container as auto-start.

DrumSergio
Getting the hang of things

Post by DrumSergio » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:01 am

Same type of questions here. Still unanswered

P3R
Guru

Post by P3R » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:12 am

As no user have been able to answer this in 6 months it's probably better to ask Qnap support. Please post the answer here when you know to improve the forum.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Container Station”