Advance Permissions

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
PsyPryss
New here

Advance Permissions

Post by PsyPryss » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:42 pm

How do I disallow file/folder creation in the parent folder while allowing r/w access in subfolders? If I enable "only admin can create files and folders" in the parent folder I can't even access the parent folder.

root <= no write access
parent folder <= no write access
subfolder <= r/w access

How can this be done? Only when I disable "only admin can create files and folders" and "only the owner can delete the contents" the parent can be accessed. This means that r/w is enabled on the parent folder. If I set the parent folder to only read access the subfolder can't be change to r/w access.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
-Leong

locki
New here

Re: Advance Permissions

Post by locki » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:47 am

I have same problem ... i am new with Qnap i used before Synology ...

have also root folder with subfolders ... and i want block create another folders i root but i want allow in some folders create another folders and files some other folders rolny RO ... it looks like there it isnt possible :( Or did you find some solution?

ROOT - block create files and folders
-sub folder01 RW allow create subfolders and files
-sub folder02 RO
-sub folder03 RO

niel122
First post

Post by niel122 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:04 am

locki wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:47 am
I have same problem ... i am new with Qnap i used before Synology ...

have also root folder with subfolders ... and i want block create another folders i root here but i want allow in some folders create another folders and files some other folders rolny RO ... it looks like there it isnt possible :( Or did you find some solution?

ROOT - block create files and folders
-sub folder01 RW allow create subfolders and files
-sub folder02 RO
-sub folder03 RO
Hey Locki, I'm experiencing similar issues. Have you got any solution yet?

locki
New here

Post by locki » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:49 am

I solved it half hour later ...

Root folder must be RW mode with: only admin can create files and folders (so nobody else than admin cant create folders and subfolders)
Then you need to set right to your subfolders RW or RO ... that is all .. because when you set RO to Root folder then subfolder cant have higher rights?

Only problem is i have lots of subfolders etc in my root folder then i must set it for every this subfolder and it every time take looong time to set it and save ...

another tuning is hide folders without access ... how to there : viewtopic.php?f=189&t=132175&p=612651#p612651

only this i must solve when i migrated from Synology rubbish with atom C2000 which like die and died!

PsyPryss
New here

Post by PsyPryss » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:30 pm

Doesn't seem like

Root - RO
Sub Dir - RO
Sub Dir - RW

is possible.

Return to “File Sharing”