Looking for the latest version of RetroArch for QNAP

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
Etech9
New here

Looking for the latest version of RetroArch for QNAP

Post by Etech9 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:39 am

New to the Forum but hoping you folks can help.

I just got my 1st NAS TS-251
Got HDStation running without issue. I even got Retroarch 1.8.8 loaded and running. For some reason the version I have looks nothing like the Versions I have seen on youtube and I downloaded the suggest version based on the link in the video. I realize you can play with the view under settings/Drivers/Menu Drivers. However it doesnt seem to look like the "Playstation" fronted you would expect to see.

The real issue is I cannot load any cores, I even tried manually loading them but it never sees them when I look in the share folder that I dropped them.

I'm thinking the version of Retroarch I have is outdated? The instructional videos I have found all seem to be from 2016.

Can someone post a link to a newer version please!

Or let me know if I just screwed something up and the menu issue is symptomatic of my miss step...

Thanks again

Etech9
New here

Re: Looking for the latest version of RetroArch for QNAP

Post by Etech9 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:57 am

LOL Nevermind I'm a dummy, I just needed to update the assets and everything seems to be working now...

Return to “Users' Corner”