Can you export Coordinates with a Photo file

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
TrevorW
New here

Can you export Coordinates with a Photo file

Post by TrevorW »

Hi,

I recently purchased a QNAP TS 215D as a way to centrally manage my Photo (and lesser extent Video) collection. It is taking me a bit of time to work out how to do this but so far I have been very impressed. I have also learnt that I have a lot more little Video clips than I remembered which was a real bonus.

I love the ease by which I can add Coordinates to my photos through Photo Station and then being able to view the photos on a Map through the Album view. It is something I have been trying to do with a lot of my photos for some time but have found it difficult to do that "easily".

I was trying to work out if the Coordinates I set within Photostation are stored within the Photo file (.jpg) - perhaps in the EXIF info?

The reason is that I am also looking to share some of the Photos with Flickr, for example, and show the location of the Photos on the Flickr Map. I have tried but not sure this is possible as I suspect that the Coordinate information within Photo Station is stored somewhere other than the Photo File (probably a database?).

Do you know if it is possible to "export" or "download" photos from the QNAP to my W10 PC including the Coordinate information I set using Photo Station?

I hope that makes sense and thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

thanks,
TrevorW
TrevorW
New here

Re: Can you export Coordinates with a Photo file

Post by TrevorW »

Hi all,

I managed to solve this myself in the end.

There is an option to "save to file" in the "information" section for each file in Photo Station. Use that and it does save the "location" data as GPS data in the file. I think it saves all the information - so Tags added in PhotoStation are saved to the file also. (although I am still to test that aspect)

So that solved the problem I had - but it looks like I need to open each file I want to update the location within the .JPG image file.

Phew,
TrevorW

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”