Unable to Pair iPhone for QVR Pro Notifications

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
gribnut
Starting out

Unable to Pair iPhone for QVR Pro Notifications

Post by gribnut » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:13 am

Since I began using QVR Pro last year, I've not been able to pair one of my family's iPhone with QVR Pro for notifications. Two other iPhones are able to pair with my QVR Pro server. I opened support ticket w/ QNAP last year on topic. I was not able to pair the same failed iPhone with a QVR Pro instance on their end either so it does indicate that my iPhone/setting is cause of failure to pair. I'm unable to find and related logs/messages on phone or NAS.

QNAP supports only suggestion was to perform a factory reset of phone (I've not gone that far as I don't want to have to go through all my phone settings just to get QVR Pro notifications working). Ironically, the same iPhone that is unable to pair w/ QVR Pro for notifications successfully pairs with the QNAP NAS itself for system notifications. I would have thought that if failure to pair with QVR Pro notifications was caused by iPhone setting it would have also prevented pairing the the QNAP NAS notifications.

Thought I'd throw question/issue out on this forum in case anyone else has had same problem and able to resolve why an iPhone is unable to pair with QVR Pro Notifications.

dragerfroe
Starting out

Re: Unable to Pair iPhone for QVR Pro Notifications

Post by dragerfroe » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:41 am

Mine was working earlier this year, and I don't know what happened, but mine stopped.
NAS: QNAP Turbo NAS TS-870U-RP, 16 GB Ram
CPU Upgrade: Intel i7-2600S
System Fan Mod: AVC DE07015B12L 7CM 12V 0.3A 7015 AVC CPU (x2) Fan to reduce Motherboard fan noise - (easy drop in)
PSU Fan Mod: SUNON HA40201V4-000U-999 4cm Super-silent Fan Magnetic (X2) - (modded each power supply myself, some soldering, but easy mod)

cbad536
New here

Re: Unable to Pair iPhone for QVR Pro Notifications

Post by cbad536 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:25 am

Same problem. iphone works with system notifications, but not qvr pro. My ipad does the same.

AND another twist: my Android table DOES pair with QVR Pro.

Maybe a difference in the Android vs iPhone client software?

Does anyone use QVR Pro SMS capability to work around?
Carl

Return to “Surveillance Solution”