Acronis True Image Home 2012 finally able to backup to Qnap

Printers, HDDs, USB/eSATA drives, 3rd-party programs
gussuk
Starting out

Acronis True Image Home 2012 finally able to backup to Qnap

Post by gussuk »

After searching the Acronis forum for over a month I finally found the solution here http://forum.acronis.com/forum/24769
To summarize for the rest of you that are probably having this problem.
After reading the last couple of posts from the above thread I found how to make this work.
Apparently the unsupported NAS boxes won't show up under NAS for the destination location. It also didn't work with a mapped location.
I had to go to windows explorer and create a network place (right click on the network location). As I was creating it I found it wanted to just name it per the actual drive description. I changed that to include the IP number as mentioned in the former post and just named it as I chose.
I then was able to create a new back up and selected the drop down box to destination "Browse" I selected the network places and then the network place I created. I validated the login and it said it was good (other posts indicate it will say that even if it inst a good login). I selected connect and it seemed to like that too.
I started the back up and it began to process the request. I checked the explorer window for a new file and it was there and getting bigger as time passed. It finished about an hour later (500 GB). I had forgotten to request validation so I added that after by right clicking on the newly created file.
It all seems to be working now.

I have no idea why one of the moderators just didn't provide this information earlier.

I have to admit I wasn't using 6154 but 5545 as I had some trouble with 6131. With 5545 the login validation didn't work. I installed 6154 and the validation did work. The error with 5545 led to a KB that indicated this was a known problem and was fixed in 6131.

Anyway I hope the rest of the QNAP users see this and the users of other non-supported NAS units so you can get your problems resolved like I did.

Return to “Hardware & Software Compatibility”